I took the twelve songs and came up with a nice playlist (so I think). It starts off slow, and then builds up in pace and tempo to the end. I also threw together some front and back cover art that goes together with the music (a tracklist is on the back cover).I'm very pleased with how it turned out and very excited to share it with you. It's a great mix to chill out to.
Here is the tracklist (with links to the original blog posts)
- "The Shining" by Badly Drawn Boy
- "Knot Comes Loose" by My Morning Jacket
- "Into the Mystic" by Van Morrison
- "These Arms of Mine" by Otis Redding
- "Somewhere Over the Rainbow/What a Wonderful World by Israel Kamakawiwo'le
- "Love" by John Lennon
- "Dear Someone" by Gillian Welch
- "If I Can Dream" by Elvis Presley
- "Bittersweet Symphony" by The Verve
- "Love & Happiness" by Al Green
- "Star Guitar" by the Chemical Brothers
- "Do You Realize??" by The Flaming Lips
> Click here to download (68.5 MB)
Click the "Download Now" button at zShare and the download will begin after a bit. The mixtape zip file above includes all twelve songs in mp3 format (192kbps) and front/back cover in jpg format. Close your eyes and listen. :)
Need some free "zip" software? Download 7-Zip here which is what I used. Your Windows program most likely can unzip this mixtape file with no problems - just double-click it and click "unzip!"
Disclaimer: I own all the CDs for which these songs came from - if you like any of the songs, please go buy the albums. I am offering them here for "sampling" only.